Pushing myself to finish things I start, and focusing my energy on things that serve to better myself, has been the theme of February for me.
So far, I have:
- Decided I don’t want to be a realtor (after a lot of research and soul searching)
- Dedicated more time to my blog
- Become a regular in the gym
- Found renewed enthusiasm to at least pretend to love my job
- Lost 6 pounds and maintained a healthier eating plan
- Abstained from most social media (I went back to Tumblr a few days ago. Don’t judge me lol)
- Finished the blanket I’d been working on for over a year
- Signed up to join a Black Women’s march
- Started taking a writing class
- Only had two anxiety attacks
- Raised my credit score and paid off a significant amount of debt
- Signed up to volunteer at a charity event
And finally, the thing I am most proud to announce, I have registered to run my first 5k in October!
Becoming a stronger, faster runner has been a secret ambition of mine for a while and I am finally going to do something about making it a reality.
This year I will be participating in the Foam Glow Houston 2019 5k!
My goal is to be able to run the entire 3.1 miles without stopping (or dying from exhaustion lol) until I reach the finish line. I’ve already started training even though the event is 7 months out. Slow and steady wins the race right?
I’m super excited about participating and what makes it that much better is that I am doing it for myself.
I’ve got so many dope things planned for this year already and I can’t wait to share them all with you guys.
Coming up soon, I will be going to the Mardi Gras parade here in Houston for the first time, and I also have some other awesome adventures planned around the city and I’m going to be taking you all with me!
The month of February has been very good to me and I definitely want to keep the momentum going. If you know of any great things to do in the city let me know, I’d love to check them out.
Have you ever run a 2k, 5k, half marathon, or full marathon? Your girl could use all the help she can get. Leave your comments, suggestions, and advice down below!
Until next time…
Don’t judge me. You don’t know my life!!!